Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

I am 27 she is 33. Im white and she is black. Just broke up

I am 27 she is 33. Im white and she is black. Just broke up today. I have broke up with her 3 times. We have only been dating for 9 months. I am hurting so bad, just like the last time. She love me so much and I want to cry so much. Why am i so confused? I miss her and still think about. Why do I keep doing this. we are both very educated people. Society Has taken its toll on me and I cant live with myself with a black woman. I wish is wasn't this way. I do not want my kinds to be mixed. I have already hurt her so many times and still fell Like I can not live with out her. This is also my first real relationship. I have not dated (Unlike her) at all. I dont want to go into the marriage not being certain she is the one and i am not. She has been through so much in her life and I just made it more worse. I still love her but need some time to think. There are so many things going through my mind and I just want to see her. WE know each other so well..
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

I understand your discomfort with an interracial relationship and with not wanting to have biracial children, however, it also sounds as if you genuinely love this woman and that you continue to hurt her due to your discomfort with your situation along with how society views the two of you. Therefore, take some time alone and really decide what it is you want before even considering dating her again in order not to take her on an emotional roller coaster ride and to figure out what it is you really want. Also, often times we do not fall for the type of mate we have in our minds, this is the case with you so what will you do? If you decide to stay with her, know that there are tons of support and resources for interracial couples and biracial children; unfortunately, this was not the case when my parents were interacially married in 1960 (- a time when it was actually illegal in many states to marry someone of the opposite race). No relationship is easy and all relationships require work, the same is true with an interracial relationship.
Angela, Counselor
Experience: n/a