Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

Me and my girlfriend split for about 6 weeks and she then contacted

Me and my girlfriend split for about 6 weeks and she then contacted me about "working" things out. We since have been seeing each other for about three weeks and things have been going really good. We both have been doing the things that we agreed each of us needed to improve. A couple weeks ago she told me that when we split she felt like she had fallen out of love with me. We have both been reading the five languages of love. I am just wondering what can I do to help "fill" the love tank. We have been spending quality time with each other and she told me last week that I get a "gold star" for my efforts so far. She said she can feel her postive feelings for me growing but has not said that she has "fallen" back in love. Is there more I should do or do I just need to be more patient? Thanks
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 5 years ago.
Patience, patience, patience. Stay the course because you are doing the right things. Finally, ask her what more you can do for her and then try to do that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is at times confusing how fast to go. One day she says we should go slow, the next she is asking to stay the night. What am I to do with this type of up and down behavior? It is confusing. In addition, she went out with a guy a few times during our split. She continues to text back and forth with this guy even though I have told her it bothers me. She tells me they are just friends. Is this a legitimate beef on my part or me being insecure?
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 5 years ago.
Why does she have to have the say in how fast or slow you go. You can decide what you want to do and mention it to her. You take the driver seat for awhile. As far as the texting, very inappropriate. You have a legitimate complaint there.