Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

I am 49 years old divorced with one married son. I had been

Customer Question

I am 49 years old divorced with one married son. I had been dating for 2 yrs on and off, we kept breaking up arguing over the presence of the x wife, after 3 months he wants me back swearing he loves me, I have been seeing someone else mean while for 6 weeks I really like him and would have carried on, but I now feel so mixed up I dont know which way to turn. How do I decide what to do for the best? Sheila
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Evening,

Your most recent relationship had not lasted too long for you to decide how it would go on should you decide to remain with this person. On the other hand, you have more experience with the other individual and you've experienced both ups and downs and know what to expect most of the time.

If you feel that you are burned out from the previous relationship and that you fairly had given it a try many times, then it makes sense that you would want to move on and experience something new. Change can involve growth as well as risk taking. Think about whether or not you want to remain with the predictable relationship from the past that you worked on already or try something new.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think thats a good answer, I so worried that this present relationship may not last and then I will have burned my bridges. I feel insecure and paroniod, it feels awful and I am worrying constantly what to do. I have a problem letting go of my past relationships in general, how do I let go?
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.
You let go by taking one day at time. The past is in the past and the worry and paranoia may sabotage the present. Focus on the things that you do have control over- especially the thoughts you allow in your mind.