Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

My girlfriend feels that she cant not have a connection with

Customer Question

My girlfriend feels that she cant not have a connection with me because I was not stationed where she was in the air force and she clings to anyone that is relating to them and at times she can be a little flirty but that is just her personality I just want to know what i can do to make her happy it is all i care about and it just kills me that she thinks she cant have a connection with me because of that. I think the main reason why she is saying all of this is because one of the guys she was stationed with is now saying that she should leave me and influenceing her a lot to the point where i feel like i am loosing her i just want to make her happy she is the only person who ever makes me happy
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

You may be correct that she is being influenced by another guy. Of course, she has to have agreed to be influenced and swayed in another direction.

Do the things the two of you enjoy. You do not have to go out of your way but usually in order for a relationship to last, the two partners have to have common interests.

You can book a couple's massage, take her on a picnic, to a B&B, listen to her and bond emotionally. She would want to feel safe and that she can trust you. Talk about how her behavior is affecting you but without blaming just a matter of fact. If you know her family, make sure that you keep in touch w. them -remain in their life.

Let her realize that where someone is stationed is not the base of a relationship. It is what people do, their feelings for one another and the things that can be more lasting than a work position or employment site.