Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

My male best friend stated that when he met me he thought I

My male best friend stated that when he met me he thought I was one way and ended up being another. What I mean is that he didn't realize how intelligent and kind of work my dad had done in his past. My dad is a chemist by trade, working for the #1 pharmaceutical company in the world and was in management as well.

My best friend feels he would never be good enough for me as a boyfriend, husband or father due to lack of financial success of my best friend.

I think he is not the only who feels this way. This could be a problem for my dating life bc of my dads career success.

My current boyfriend is a civil engineer building commercial buildings. He has no clue about my dad at all. Since he is an engineer, he may not be intimidated as my best friend. I don't want my boyfriend to feel intimidated and that he will never measure up.

Not sure what question you would like to address. If you are wondering if you should tell your boyfriend about your dad, you may at some point. Your dad is not the person whom your boyfriend is dating nor in love with. What you dad does should not interfere in your relationship,but it seems that the other men you were involved with lacked self esteem and felt inferior. Their feelings of inferiority don't really have to do anything with your dad. It is feelings they've had all along and attach to different situations (in your case- it may have been your dad's success. In another situation, it may be something else that triggers their low self esteem)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That is what I needed to know. Thanks!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm afraid to too soon bc I've been used before for this.
What do you want to do?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think he should find out on his own. I don't want to be used for this. Ppl just put 2 to 2 together and smell $ is my point.