Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

Hi, I met a girl on vacation and immediately hit it off. She

Customer Question

Hi, I met a girl on vacation and immediately hit it off. She played a little hard to get because she had a boyfriend but it was obvious she was unhappy in her relationship. I cant explain how it happened but after several days of talking we suddenly found ourselves having sex all night.
On returning home I contacted her and she admitted that she felt bad and confused about what happened but could not stop thinking about me. We agreed not to have an affair but keep in touch. We text each other constantly for a month where she convinced me that she found a soulmate in me (even though I dont believe in them). In our last few texts she asked me to meet her for a date and she agreed to get back to me when she can confirm she is free. A day later I told her I lost my job of 3 years - I thought she would keep encouraging me with her usual sweet texts, but they instantly stopped for 4 days. Now her messages are very seldom an non-flirtatious. Some soulmate.
What do you make of this? Its not the first time a girl has obsessed over me; forced me to believe, then suddenly gone cold - in fact its about the 6th. Its like the higher they elevate the harder they drop me. I really need answers
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Based on what you have shared, it sounds as if she was only interested in you as long as the only problems she had pertained to her (-which is selfish). Therefore, when you began to actually have a problem, she chose to bail on you and to not be there for you as you have been for her. Also, this could be why she only texts when you first initiate. This girl is behaving selfishly which without question has to be hurtful, frustrating, etc. for you- you deserve better than this.