Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

I am 75 and have had a relationship with a 45 year old woman.She

I am 75 and have had a relationship with a 45 year old woman.She made the first approach,we have had a mainly platonic relationship with non penatrive sex in the early days .She had a previous partner who she left and was for a while in a menage a trois which included her partner and now lives to some degree independently on her own. I have discovered that after being out with me she very late at night is slipping up the road to her EX and I feel that I amused.I have professed my love to her which she has said that she loves me but not sexually any more .My wife was murdered 15 years ago and Since meeting this woman Showered her with flowers,gifts and looked after her when she is unwell and feel I should be telling her where to go but am loath to do so. please give me some advice ,Thankyou

Good Evening,

The feedback offered may not be what you want to hear.

Even though you have showered her with gifts and attention/affection, in order for the relationship to survive and continue, the feelings must be mutual.

There is also the age difference. She may have taken advantage of you at one point or had a different idea from the start what she wanted from you or the relationship. It sounds like you are not interested in a platonic relationship with her.

It is possible that once your wife had died, you had found some comfort with this woman and displaced your feelings onto her. You may have to engage in some self introspection as to whether or not this is love, lust or just a distraction from reality.

If she is straight forward with you in regard to what she wants, then let it be. If she is giving you mixed signals, confront her.