Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

Hi - what a complicated one. Love my wife very much, I live

Hi - what a complicated one. Love my wife very much, I live away from home (for work purposes Monday to Friday) we have two boys age 16 month and 3 and a half years. At the weekend I give my wife a lie in, give her time to shop on her own, help around the house and buy her little gifts once a month/2 months as money permits. I buy 90% of children’s clothes. I am highly sexed and request sex once/twice from Friday to Sunday. My wife has had medical problems after our last son. Abnormal cells, also health problems with her farther who has been diagnosed (this weekend) with first stages of Parkinson’s. I do not seem to be apriority to my wife and she thinks I am being unreasonable in wanting sex. Sex is the issue for me. She is a great mum. What am I doing wrong? Why do woman loose interest in sex? I feel if this is not resolved I will be looking for closeness with someone else as I do not feel loved. Help
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Morning,

It is not an issue of who is correct or wrong. The issue is what are the priorities for each partner. If she is ill or struggling w. other issues, her libido would naturally not be her number one priority. Many factors affect one's libido from depression, medication to hormonal changes.

The cause for her low libido would have to be dealt with first before you expect any sexual intimacy from her.

She may also need to feel understood and supported emotionally during her problems. If she does not feel that sense of closeness, she won't be affectionate. Women seek security in a relationship that often transcends sexual intimacy.

Men as species are more wired to sexual intimacy (there is nothing wrong with that but as individuals, each makes a choice of how to approach this situation) Try to listen to her, find out what she is experiencing and what she wants not only in the bedroom but otherwise. Romance her- bring her flowers, offer her a massage or schedule a couple's massage. Look into activities that would reconnect the two on an emotional level first then sexual.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks I know it is not helping use living apart. Drives me mad, In my mind it just seems a one way relationship me doing all the giving, working full time, paying all the bills.

Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.
At least you're aware that something is amiss and you're looking for ways to improve the situation. See if she would commit to marital therapy and for her to find at least some things to help with.