Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

i am friends with a lad, and we spek on the net , but usually

Customer Question

i am friends with a lad, and we spek on the net , but usually only when he wants to talk about himself or problems he is having , he is not interested about talking with me about anything else, yet when i tell him i have had enough, he becomes nice to me . if he relly is not interested why does he not just let me go??? im confused about where i stand with him. nd what cn i do to get more interest from him ??
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

It would be important to know if he is looking for a relationship and if you only communicate via the internet or you also see each other.

There is nothing specific you ought to be doing for him to become interested in you. Afterall, if he is to become interested, it has to be in you the way you are.

He may just want a friend and someone to talk to. If this pattern you've described had been going on for a while, and he had not made any indication that he wants more of the friendship, most likely he does not. That does not mean that he does not like talking to you but you've got to make sure that he's not taking advantage of you. He should not unload all of his problems onto you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
we have met up once , he sometimes wants to come over to my house but i dont let him as it is usually just because he wants sex, sometimes he shows interest and sometimes he doesnt, recently though it has become more friend than anything flirtatious, to be honest i recieve mixed signals from him, never really knowing where i stand.
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.
To an observer, it seems that he may be using you instead of being interested in romancing you and getting into a relationship.