Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

In spite of the fact that I recently have an STD, my husband

In spite of the fact that I recently have an incurible STD, my husband of 8 years refuses to admit to infidelity. I want to save my marriage. How can I get the truth? I am afraid that I will be unable to forgive without honesty. he has a history of infidelity and has been out of town a lot for work. I love him. How do I make this work?

Is he willing to work on the marriage in general?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, he is. So long as I believe that he has done nothing wrong.He doesn't believe in therapy or counceling however.
You are facing 2 issues here- he is in denial and he is skeptical of counseling. 1/ you could still get marital therapy despite these two obstacles. It may take some time for him to admit his behavior. He may however refuse to participate and go to the sessions just to apeace you. Even if he does not admit about his infidelity that led to the STD infection, he could still work on other issues in the marriage if he is really interested in making it work. From what you've share so far though, it does not sound like he sees that he is doing anything harmful to the marriage. You won't be able to accomplish much if that is his stance at this time. You could still consult with a counselor alone to figure out what you want to do and to get some support during this time.