Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

my boyfriend was in prison i took care of him and spent alot

Customer Question

my boyfriend was in prison i took care of him and spent alot of money on him then & after release he came home he was emotionally and sexually withdrawn i was stressed out about job extra bills and my daughter who is 11 tried to cause turmoil he left said it wasnt working he loves and still wants to talk but give it some i think we made a mistake by living together so soon but i really love this guy and want my future to be with him
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

What question(s) would you like to address?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is there a chance for it to work out and what should i do to get him back
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Yes- there is a chance as long as he's open to trying. You've got to find out what is going on with him (why the change after his release) Your stress level should have nothing to do with how he reacted.

If you're able to communicate with him, let him know that you've waited for him to get out and you are flexible in waiting if he agrees to make things work out. He may not be ready for a serious commitment especially in being a step dad figure. It may be this that had caused him to become distant.