Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC
14832673

my fiance just broke up with me five days ago. are relationship

Customer Question

my fiance just broke up with me five days ago. are relationship was i felt was a strong one. she didnt have any reason to break up with me other than that she wanted to see other people. what should i do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.

Hi, You are doing the right thing by giving her space. She could be experiencing anxiety over your marriage plans and feels she needs to make sure you are the one. This is not as uncommon as people think it is. I would suggest you leave her be for now, let her contact you. You very well may have a strong relationship, she is comfortable and trusts you enough to know you will let her have the time she needs. Marriage is a big step and you need to be sure this is what you both want, as painful as it is for you right now.

Please click accept and leave feedback. If you are a subscription customer or unlimited question customer you still need to click accept so I get credit for my answer. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We did live with eachother, but the last three month i moved away for work, but i still say her every other or every two weeks. she now wants my stuff out so she can see other people. deep inside i think she will comeback because i know how much she loves me, but if you had to put a time fram on thing how long would i have to wait till i contact her to start are relationship over?
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
Hi, Tough question because each situation is so unique. If you have been living away she may have found that she likes her freedom, or met someone else. You should contact her when you feel the time is appropriate, I'd suggest at least two weeks. Then call her to see how she is doing, no pressure or questions about your situation. You'll know soon enough where this is going.
Please click accept and leave feedback, if you are a subscription customer or unlimited question customer you still need to click accept so I get credit for my answer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.