NorthwestAndrew
NorthwestAndrew,
20546868

in april, i found a roommate to move-in come July 1st. the

Customer Question

in april, i found a roommate to move-in come July 1st. the one "rule" that i had was that no men could stay overnight; she agreed. between april and july, she found herself a boyfriend and on july 1st when she moved in, she said that he would be staying the night. i stuck to my guns and said no. he was standing there and indicated that that was fine... she didn't seem as thrilled. during the first month, she had him over fo ran overnight and snuck him out, but i knew and in a civil manner, confronter her about my dissapointment. she gave a very lame answer as to why she did it (she didn't want to stay overnight alone, but i was just out late), and i compromised and said on the nights that i work overnight, he could stay over but she had to let me know when in advance and it couldn't be more than 2 times a month; she agreed. a few weeks later, she texted me one day and said that he would be staying over that night, which was a monday and she knew that i would be home; i said "no" and she demanded that we talk. we did, and i came to my final comprimise. from the beginning i said that visitors, specifically men, needed to leave by 10pm (she had agreed to that). i told her that i could get rid of the curfew, since he lives a distance away, but he couldn't stay overnight. since that talk, she has broken every agreement, and has him staying over at this very moment. she has almost become brazen about the fact that he's staying over, but she agreed to all of our agreements. what do i do? i'm done compromising and this is my home as much as hers (if not more since i've been here longer).
Category: Relationship
Expert:  NorthwestAndrew replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you for this answer. unfortunately, i'm not the landord; we both have separate leases with the landlord, but i took this woman at her word when she agreed to this agreement. i don't know that i could take legal actions