Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

How do I handle a man who has had 3 marriages, lots of money,

Customer Question

How do I handle a man who has had 3 marriages, lots of money, very stingy, has lost money with each divorce - really loves me, but afraid to get married and loose money in a future divorce. I love him and have no intention to divorce. have little money myself

He has proposed 10 times - I accept and then he changes his mind - he hopes that I will be an eternal girlfirend - he lives in different state and we see each other for 4 months in summer and about 2 weeks ever month rest of year = we have dated 2.4years
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

If he is that concerned, then the two of you could agree to have a prenuptial agreement drafted by a lawyer. You both should discuss if you want to do this and if so you should discuss the details of what should be in it. I understand his concern, however, at the same time he needs to be willing to further discuss this with you and the exact details of it. Also, it is a bit of a red flag that he has proposed 10 times and then changed his mind (-going beyond his concern for money).