Lori Gephart
Lori Gephart, Licensed Psychologist
Experience:  Psychologist, Hypnotherapist & Divorce Coach providing marital therapy for over 20 years.

how do you know if someone is really an attorney

Customer Question

how do you know if someone is really an attorney?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Lori Gephart replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

You may find the following link to a site that will give you state by state links to check on attorney status.

According to this site, this individual is currently registered as an attorney in New York. I hope this answer is helpful. Please let me know if I can clarify further.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is another attorney with the same exact name. Can you make the difference?
I am sorry, but I would have no way of distinguishing one person with the exact same name from another. I wonder how you know that there are two people by this name. If you are sure that there indeed are two individuals, you may want to check with the website to see if there is a way of distinguishing them.