Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

I have been friends with a man since we were 14. He and I

I have been friends with a man since we were 14. He and I have kept in touch over the last 30 years...thru my marriage and his two marriages.....there has always been a deep friendship with a great deal of chemistry and passion. Last October we hooked back up again on FB....bioth divorced and single. He came to FL to se me twice and then I asked him to move here to help me with my biz. My biz went down and he stayed all summer.....he had recently lost his own biz and his father so I let him stay and drink and just work things out. He has 5 kids in OK so he moved back 2 weeks ago and after spending time with only me for 2 1/2 months.....he will not return my calls or texts.
I am lost....we left on good terms....I know that he thought I wasn't honest with him about the biz but he stayed for a month after telling me that. Why the distance now?
I also was seeing someone before he came here and while he was here I talked to this person. My friend told me when he left that I should give this aguy a chance and I have. The one time I talked to him since he left....he was making jokes about me not giving it a mourning period from him leaving......I just want to know what changed and I don;t want to keep calling him
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

I am sorry for this time you are having. While it is possible that the business situation and your other friend has bothered him, I don't think these are the reasons why he will not contact you especially since he stayed a month longer after finding out about the business situation. It seems to be something going on with him and his situation as to why he has not called you and it could be anything from A to Z especially in light of his children. Therefore, you have reached out to him enough and I suggest to no longer reach out to him until he contacts you. Since he has not returned your calls the message he is sending is that he is not yet ready to do so due to whatever it is he is dealing with. Hopefully, he will contact you after he has resolved his issues. However, I think you should give him space and time since you have made it clear by attempting to contact him that you care about him.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. I know that he does have a horrible drinking problem and I am hoping that he is dealing with it. I did ask his son the other night how he was and he said great so maybe he just needs to have the time away from me to work out whatever is happening there. I will take your advice and not call him or contact him tho it is hard. I love him deeply as my friend and it was an intense summer for both of us. Thanks again!!
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Your more than welcome. I hope all works out. I wish you the best with you situation.

Please click the accept button if you have no further questions.