Suzanne, Therapist, LCSW
Experience:  Experienced in treating trauma, relationship issues, co-dependency

Okay so Ive gone on two dates with this girl I met online.

Okay so I’ve gone on two dates with this girl I met online. She is gorgeous. The last time I saw her was on Saturday and we had a great time and even made out a little bit afterwards. She texted me when she got home and said she had a great time. The next night(Sunday) I called her and we talked for a few mins and it was a great covnersation. Monday night I didn’t talk to her....I figured I would give it a day and see if she calls me and she didn’t. The next morning(Tuesday) I texted her Good Morning Beautiful and I didn’t get a response. That night I called her and we had a great conversation and set a date to go out this Saturday and it turns out she didn’t get my text...we joked about it and said maybe I’ll try it again sometime. So the next morning(Wednesday) I text her good morning gorgeous and she responds good morning. Then later in the day I texted her because I found out schools were getting out early(she is a teacher) and I figured that was okay to do. So she texts me back and it’s just pointless conversation. She then texts me she has to work Saturday. Immediately I got disappointed and part of me thought is she lying? But she does work at a pool open late on the weekends and it is labor day so most likely she is working. So I texted her that’s fine maybe we can get together after you get off, have a great night. She was going to a baseball game that night so I figured I wouldn’t talk to her the rest of the night She sent me back yuppers have a good night. Then on Thursday morning she posted on facebook that her phone died and for everyone to email their numbers to her. So I sent her and email "good morning beautiful, hope you had fun last night. Here is my # XXXXX me a call when you get your phone fixed." and I never got a response. No email back, text, or phone call. And today I saw on facebook she posted "got a new phone and need numbers....text me". I guess my question is what should I do? I thought about just calling her after work today but I don’t want to come off as clingy or too strong....will I if I call? As you can probably tell I like this girl a little bit and I don’t want to screw it up by contacting her too much. I just need a little guidance please. : )
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Suzanne replied 6 years ago.

I would give her the benefit of the doubt since she's clearly having phone problems. She probably wants people to text her so she doesn't have to enter all the numbers by hand.

One phone call to ask her out would be fine...and would put your number on her new phone.

A lot of girls hate it when guys text for a date...seems like they can't be bothered to call. If she doesn't respond, or has a lame excuse this time, she isn't interested. At least then you'll know for sure--if she's interested, great! If not, you know not to waste your time any more.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you,