Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

My live-in boyfriend has noticed a decrease in his libido in

My live-in boyfriend has noticed a decrease in his libido in the last few years (We've only been together for 2.) He was also diagnosed diabetic 6 months ago. I know that can have an affect on him.

My question is if his libido is so impaired that I usually have to wait several days to have sex, then why is he always looking at what he calls his 'naughty websites?' I guess it's hard for me to understand this and, frankly, I'm struggling with not taking this personally, like there's something wrong with me.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Morning,

He may be looking at the sites in questions as a way to distract himself from the fact that he is having the low libido.

Also, men are stimulated easily visually. He may be drawn to this sites because they offer a sense of stimulation w/o any strings attached (like going to a strip club)

The behavior can also become addictive in a sense that if it offers him a safer channel to deal with his issue. It may be a defense mechanism of sorts (where performance anxiety is absent)

Some other factors that can lead to low libido are decrease in testosterone (a blood panel test can show that), depression, certain medications, prostate problems, etc.