Kristin
Kristin, Counselor
Experience:  Psychotherapist and Relationships Expert with 11+ years exp. Dating, Relationships, Marriage.
45544450

Hes coming to visit on Tuesday (for work mainly) ... Im nervous.

He's coming to visit on Tuesday (for work mainly) ... I'm nervous. I don't want to bring anyting up that will push him further away. He called tonight...I didn't call or text him all weekend.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Kristin replied 6 years ago.

Hi again,

Good job not calling him or texting him all weekend. That could be why he decided to call tonight. If he is coming to visit mainly for work, then I would advise that you not see him unless he specifically says he wants to talk about what happened recently, and work things out. Meaning if he asks to get together, tell him that you don't think it's a good idea. If he asks why, you can tell him that what happened recently, made you very uncomfortable and not sure about the relationship. That you are looking for more consistency and stability than he may be wanting to offer. And then see what he says. This may push him away, but only if he truly isn't committed. Otherwise, it would not push him away, especially after 5 months of dating. But of course, it's up to you on what you want to say to him. If you aren't ready to perhaps have him walk away, then you don't bring anything up and just go with the flow. The choice is yours really depending on what kind of relationship you are wanting. One that is committed or one that is more casual. Choose the option according to which one feels right to you, how you feel and what you want.

Please click ACCEPT. And all the best. Of course, feel free to ask for me again if you need any more guidance!