Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

people are nice to me and I spend lunch times with them, but

people are nice to me and I spend lunch times with them, but are not invited to outside work get togethers. Why?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

what?'

What is the sugestion? thoughts or ideas?

Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
The people you are describing sound as if they are enjoying the time you spend with them at work, however, they may not be comfortable spending time with you outside of work or they may not know that you would be interested in doing so. If there is someone at work you really trust and who will respect your privacy, you could ask this person's opinion about why you do not get invited. Also, another option: you could take the chance and ask if you could go the next time you are aware of an event outside of work, however, if you would be upset or devastated should the person respond no if you ask to go, then I would suggest not asking because your mental and emotional well being are the priority.