Cathy, Counselor
Experience:  Ms, MS.Ed., thirty years clinical practice

Hello there! This is my second marriage. Me and my husband

Customer Question

Hello there! This is my second marriage. Me and my husband both have children from previous marriages. His son has just finished University. My son is on a full time education attending sixth form college. At the moment my husband is buying a house in France for his son as a present for his 21-st birthday. He hasn't got the whole sum and is currently trying to borrow a large sum of money. I do not agree to that because his debts are mine as well and it is very unlikely that he will be able to pay them off soon if at all. And I am not protected anyhow in case he cannot pay them off. He even canceled his life insurance last year (told me it costs him too much money). I have asked him several times to reconsider, but only got an answer: "There won't ever be anything for you apart from my debts, stupid bitch! I am going to divorce you. And I am not helping you any more. Manage yourself." This obviously means he is not going to give me any money any more. The trouble is I am not working at the moment, can't find any job. All the child tax credits for my son, his child benefit and all the family tax credits as well are currently going on my husband's bank account. I have got no income whatsoever. How can I prevent him from actually starving us? It has already happened once: about a month ago he went on a holiday to France and left us without any money at all. I asked him before he went, but he was drunk and told me I do not need money. And is there any possibility I can prevent him somehow from borrowing a huge lump of money for that house (he is putting that house in the name of his son - that will be his son's property, only debts will be mine)?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cathy replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Cathy :

HI and thanks for writing JA

Cathy :

are you there?

Cathy :

Cathy :

I guess this is not working tonight.

Cathy :

If you wish to submit via email I will be happy to help you.

Cathy :

Have a good evening.

Customer :

I am here

Customer :

Hello there!

Customer :

haven't got any answers yet

Customer :

Shall I leave ti for tomorrow?

Expert:  Cathy replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Expert:  Cathy replied 6 years ago.
Hi, I am sorry. I am now involved in another question. Opting out so others can respond. Best wishes to you, Cathy

Edited by Cathy on 8/6/2010 at 11:01 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hello there! Anybody help me please!!!!!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there anybody there?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Anybody, please, help me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: <strong>Question has not been answered at all!!!!!! ANYBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!</strong>