Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

I just want to know if i should apologize My future husband

Customer Question

I just want to know if i should apologize?
   My future husband is a long haul trucker (approx. 2 week trips). He postponed his departure to the east coast 3 different times due to mechanical issues that were unexpected, when he firmly explained that he was taking off each time, I postponed errends and visiting with my family to be with him 2 times, but the third time I was already 2hrs away taking care of a assessment test, dr appt, and then visiting my family and he wanted me to come home after the family and I ate, it was already 9:30 pm at this point, and he knows that I don't do well with long drives at night. I was planning on driving back but became too tired and decided last minute that I was staying at my families house. He is so MAD at me and hurt, he just dosen't seem to be understanding of the circumstanses.
   I relize that he is gone for long periods of time and that is why I postponed to spend as much time with him, and I know he loves spending time with me too. But why is he morally chastising me for not driving home so late?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

You would want to apologize only if you in fact was dishonest. If he is misconstruing the situation, then an apology won't fix that (he may do it again and you'd be in the same situation)

If this is a one time incident and you believe that he would be open to understanding why you do not want to drive at night to far locations, then talk to him about this (in person not via phone or text) This may be just a miscommunication issue (and he ought not to expect something from you, which you are not comfortable with no matter what)