Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

Im a lesbian and I was with my girlfriend for 3 years but

Customer Question

I'm a lesbian and I was with my girlfriend for 3 years but it was a hiding relationship because I wasn't ready to come out of the closet. My girlfriend got tired and bored to be in a hiding relationship so she break up with me. It's been two years now that we have broke up, I'm still madly in love with her and I wha her back, we are good friend and she knows I'm still in love with her and she says she still has feelings for me but thre is something missing about how she feels about me. By the way I'm out of the closet and I have accepted my homosexuality. My ex has recently met someone and I'm very jalous.

Do you think we still have a chance of getting back together and what kind of strategy should I use to have her back???
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Morning,

There could be a chance if she wants to get back (and she would need to tell you that not when she is under any influence of drugs or alcohol but sober) If she is actively dating the other person, then she would have to stop seeing her before you and her get back together.

Her feelings being changed towards you is not unusual. You've been apart, grown emotionally and she's fallen in love with others while you were separated.

As far as strategies to get her back you have to be open with her about what you want, be flexible (give her some time to figure things for herself) and when you meet her again make sure when you talk or interact with her that she is sober.