Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

I am planning a trip across country. I have planned to drive

Customer Question

I am planning a trip across country. I have planned to drive with several other women and a child. My adult son was coming but is unable to so its just women. My husband is furious at my son and threatens he will disown him if he doesn't change his plans and escort us. I am deathly afraid to fly so I was looking forward to this drive...should I swallow my fear and fly making my husband happy or should I do what I want to do, making my husband furious?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

You should not do anything you're not comfortable with. If you are going with friends, you ought to be fine sticking together. Your husband could be a bit more flexible (try to let him see that the other women's partners are ok with this) Although you are married, you are an independent woman who should do what she wants to do.

If you want to address the fear of flying, hypnosis is highly effective.