Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

My sons father and I had a very emotional relationship... But

My sons father and I had a very emotional relationship... But we met when his daughter was 14months and she is almost 9. We were totally in love and inseperable for a full year, then he started using drugs, over the next 4 years we had a son, he went to jail, got sober... we broke up and got back together several times. Finally he moved in with someone 2 months after leaving me and seven months after that he married her. Its been 2 years since he left, and I still love him very much. he seems to be having marital problems, but I wont ask about it. Should I tell him my feelings again, or continue to try to move on in my life? its so hard... our son is 5 now and I miss his dad every day... a lot because I need him around to help with our son.... Help me Please!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Morning,

You may want to try and base your decision on logic versus feelings.

It does not seem that this man is very stable. He had broken your heart already. Why take another chance? Just because he is having marital problems why should you be the one to whom he should go back for comfort? What he had already done should be a red flag and you would want to do what is best for you and your son. Your son would not need false hope that his dad and you can reunite and live happily ever after.