Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC

I have written previously as I was unsure what the state of

Customer Question

I have written previously as I was unsure what the state of my relationship was. Well, we went on a fabulous, week vacation - had a great time, until the trip home. I still don't know what made my boyfriend angry with me - but by the time we arrived back at his house, he was not speaking to me at all - went to bed that way, woke up that way - I left his house that Sat. morning and with the exception of a couple of e-mails and text message, have not really spoken in 10 days. He did come to where I live and dropped in the local hang out - but would not speak to me - and when I tried, he was very, very cold. I did ask if this was how things were going to be forever, and he shook his head. He did return some money from the trip that I had left on his counter to defray some unexpected costs we came up against. He e-mailed me and texted me 2 nights ago wanting a copy of a CD he had bought for me on our trip. But no word since then - I am so very, very confused. I don't know whwther to stay silent or try to get in touch somehow. I'd like to work this out if possible.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I am sorry to hear your vacation ended this way. If you are not sure why he is behaving this way and how deeply angered he is there is only one way to find out. Come out and ask him what is wrong. Tell him you are upset and don't understand why he is angry and that you feel you deserve an explanation. If he can't give you an answer and keeps treating you this way it may not be possible to work it out. Get in touch with him and be assertive, you deserve to be treated with upmost respect which isn't happening right now. In any good relationship you need to have good communication skills and be able to discuss any problems.

Please click accept and leave feedback.