Kristin, Counselor
Experience:  Psychotherapist and Relationships Expert with 11+ years exp. Dating, Relationships, Marriage.

I am facing serious emotional and mental problems affecting

Customer Question

I am facing serious emotional and mental problems affecting my marriage.A small issue from my wife is felt like betrayal from her and feel lonely and neglected.Not able to concentrate.Can't sleep and hence alchohol kicked in.No hope for the future.Feels desserted as no body comes forward to pacify or help including partner and parents. I feel like getting drowned in endless tunnel with no way to escape. Please help..
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Kristin replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

You are definitely suffering from depression. You need to call your regular doctor (your family doc) and make an appointment. Once there let him/her know these symptoms you have described here, can't sleep or concentrate, no hope and they will more than likely prescribe an antidepressant. However, you cannot drink alcohol or will greatly need to reduce your alcohol intake while on this medication, and just in general as well. It's not a good coping mechanism for your inability to sleep, and alcohol is in fact a depressant and is only making you feel worse. Be sure to tell your doctor that you have been trouble sleeping, and have been drinking alcohol to help you sleep! He should be abe to help you with the sleep issue as well.

Ask your doctor for a referral to a marital counselor for you and your wife to address her feelings of betrayal. Finally, there is hope and there is light at the end of the tunnel. You just need more support around you, and you can start by seeing your doctor. And starting some counseling with your wife. If she is not willing to go, then please do go yourself.

Please click ACCEPT. All the best to you.