Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

so, me and my ex broke up in may, we started talking again

so, me and my ex broke up in may, we started talking again but he is deployed and i deploy soon so we wouldn't see each other until january 2011. he broke up with me and he was my first love so i took it hard and still have a broken heart. but now he is saying we can try again in january when i get home. 2 questions can i ask him not to start anything with anyother girl. and i feel like him he still loved me or cared about me enough that he wouldn't want me on the market, because he says he still cares. I want to wait for him be i dont want him to be the boss of the relationship and i feel like i lost me power. what should i do.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.

Good Morning,

It a healthy relationship even in friendships no one should be the boss of the other.

If you tell him how you feel and what you think, and if he stops talking to you, that would show you what he is not willing to do. In a way, you would want some sort of a reaction even if it is not the one you expect. That would allow you to move on with your healing and with your life.

The relationship can be given another try only if the two of you are very clear about what you want from each other (realistically) The two of you would have to remain committed. Otherwise, it would be very hard for this to work out with his and your schedules. If you think that 6 months are not too long to wait and see what happens, then the two of you can decide on that.

If you do not tell him of your expectations and he of his, there would be nothing to base your plan on. On the other hand, if you feel that you can move on (even though he's your first love) then you may explore that idea.

You can not lose someone forever who does not want to be in your life or be in your life the way you want him to.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok you are very right, i'm to good to be treated like this. Now what do i say to him
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.
Let him now exactly what you feel and why. He should be faced with the facts (just let him know that some things are not acceptable in a relationship if the relationship is to grow solid.
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience: Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.