Suzanne, Therapist, LCSW
Experience:  Experienced in treating trauma, relationship issues, co-dependency

I have had this friend for many years and in the past this

I have had this friend for many years and in the past this friend would always tell me what
great things I would do in the near future more or less prophesying over me and the things
are coming to pass of what my friend spoke over me.apparently people are speaking about
me and not at all ruining my reputation but just the opposite ,speaking highly of me which
is a humbling experience for me and here is the down-size this friend actually tries to ignore
me and will not even look at me while I am walking down a street and my friend is driving
towards me of which the speed limit is slow as a snails pace 10mph in this close nit
society of around 3,000 people. I sure feel hurt and in my reasoning I can not understand
why? and wonder what have I done to receive this from a friend ,we have never done
each other wrong or harm in this friendship.maybe you can help me with a postive note
to this dilima? Thankyou

Thank you for writing to Just Answer,

Perhaps your friend is going through a hard time right now and feels insecure now that things are going so well for you.

It may be time for you to reach out for your friend...invite them for a meal, and tell them that you miss your friendship.

Without talking directly to this friend, you may draw incorrect conclusions. Only your friend can tell you what they are thinking. If your friend is going through a rough time, this may be your chance to give them the support they gave to you in the past when they told you you were capable of great things.

When you talk to your friend, keep the focus on them. Don't start by asking why they are ignoring you...that will only bring up defensiveness. Just talk about how much you have missed the friendship. Tell them how grateful you are for the support they gave you, and ask if there is anything you can do for them.

If this has been helpful, please click ACCEPT.

Best wishes as you try to repair this relationship...