Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
20023641

I met a wonderful man in a town I visit every Year. I was there

Customer Question

I met a wonderful man in a town I visit every Year. I was there for two weeks. It was instant chemistry . I left we talked txt every day all day for three weeks . He came and stayed in my home for a week and we were insperatable.He left went to the lake with friends and his phone wasnt charged so I questioned him on why he didnt call. He stated I was accusining of doing it on pupose.( which I kinda was)..Then we talked txt for three dayas again told me how much he misses me and feels empty without me. He had txt me one day and I could answer him all day cuz I forgot my phone.. I called him back late he didnt answer. I left two messages and txt him.He said yes ye got my txt and message and he wrote my an email. Which he had never done. He wrote me an email stateing how much he really likes how and cant believe how stong connection we have. He just got divorced in Feb and wasnt looking for any one and then I cam along ....He stated there was zero trust in his marriage and will avoid situations like that at all cost. I wrote him this back .He thought we were starting off on the wrong foot. Have not heard from him since the email he wrote. How can you just shut off. in three days we had such a great time..This is what I wrote back
I opened my home to you.
I Shared my bed with you.
I Laughed,talked,and relaxed with you.
I Enjoyed spending all of my time with you.
I let my self touch and be touched and was able to feel again and I
thank you for that. I opened my heart to you and shared my painful
past with you. I trusted you. I think you are a wonderful person and have
qualities I admire and look for in a man.

I to .. Realize we both have trust issues .. .. I am willing to work on my
trust issues with somones support .... And not run from them.
I apologized.. ..for the first time I question you and assumed you
accepted my apology.
If you felt I left txts and messages there after....that were accustley
laced ...then ...you may have taken it the wrong way.

I can honestly tell you from my heart that I wanted to talk to" you "and
not a machine. The Message I left was "Oh man I get your voice message again."
I enjoyed and looked forward to talking with you,txting everyday. If there
one thing I question???? ... It would have to do with the wonderful
experience and time I shared with you., you built me up and communicated with me
shared intimacy with me.. ... And then .....emailed me and let us go without a
word spoken. That is very hurtful. I am a very easy person to talk to.Just
wonder why you could not call and tell me your feelings. You stated in the
email that .. There is a strong connection between us ............I do agree
...I dont have any regrets on the way we started things out I enjoyed every
last minute and thought the feelings were mutual. I would rather be talking
to you personally about this I will leave that up to you. I do miss chatting
with you and think of you often
I missw him so much but I will not call him. What should I do . Did I get played

-
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 4 years ago.
I say if you really like him then you try calling him. If you can't get in touch with him for the next few days then I think it means he has moved on; for whatever reason. At least you can say you tried to make effort to make this relationship work and if he is not ready then so be it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So your telling me the letter I wrote wasnt trying? Did you honestly read it. It was very positive.I dont want any more rejection if he ignores my call. I am hurting enough now. My question was can he really just shut down in three days after coming down from Florida ( I live in New Mexico ) I didnt ask him to come he asked me. It was so nice . I am afraid to call him dont want to pressure nor want him feel I am trying to control. I long do I wait ....It is harder every day to be strong when you told me I should call I almost did, Friends family that met him said wait for him to need or call you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Add Funds|<a href="http://www.justanswer.com/help/popup/existingbalance.aspx" target="_blank" onclick="jaUtils.openPopWindow(
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.

Add Funds|Balance: $15 |Ask A Question|My Questions|My Account|Help Relationship
Ask a Relationship Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
I met a wonderful man in a town I visit every Year. I was there Status: We're Waiting For You
Value: $15
SMS Text Alerts

Asked by you on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:41 PM EST

0 Accepts / 1 Answered Question

I met a wonderful man in a town I visit every Year. I was there for two weeks. It was instant chemistry . I left we talked txt every day all day for three weeks . He came and stayed in my home for a week and we were insperatable.He left went to the lake with friends and his phone wasnt charged so I questioned him on why he didnt call. He stated I was accusining of doing it on pupose.( which I kinda was)..Then we talked txt for three dayas again told me how much he misses me and feels empty without me. He had txt me one day and I could answer him all day cuz I forgot my phone.. I called him back late he didnt answer. I left two messages and txt him.He said yes ye got my txt and message and he wrote my an email. Which he had never done. He wrote me an email stateing how much he really likes how and cant believe how stong connection we have. He just got divorced in Feb and wasnt looking for any one and then I cam along ....He stated there was zero trust in his marriage and will avoid situations like that at all cost. I wrote him this back .He thought we were starting off on the wrong foot. Have not heard from him since the email he wrote. How can you just shut off. in three days we had such a great time..This is what I wrote back I opened my home to you. I Shared my bed with you. I Laughed,talked,and relaxed with you. I Enjoyed spending all of my time with you. I let my self touch and be touched and was able to feel again and I thank you for that. I opened my heart to you and shared my painful past with you. I trusted you. I think you are a wonderful person and have qualities I admire and look for in a man. I to .. Realize we both have trust issues .. .. I am willing to work on my trust issues with somones support .... And not run from them. I apologized.. ..for the first time I question you and assumed you accepted my apology. If you felt I left txts and messages there after....that were accustley laced ...then ...you may have taken it the wrong way. I can honestly tell you from my heart that I wanted to talk to" you "and not a machine. The Message I left was "Oh man I get your voice message again." I enjoyed and looked forward to talking with you,txting everyday. If there one thing I question???? ... It would have to do with the wonderful experience and time I shared with you., you built me up and communicated with me shared intimacy with me.. ... And then .....emailed me and let us go without a word spoken. That is very hurtful. I am a very easy person to talk to.Just wonder why you could not call and tell me your feelings. You stated in the email that .. There is a strong connection between us ............I do agree ...I dont have any regrets on the way we started things out I enjoyed every last minute and thought the feelings were mutual. I would rather be talking to you personally about this I will leave that up to you. I do miss chatting with you and think of you often I missw him so much but I will not call him. What should I do . Did I get played -

You have received an Answer!
From Dr.G.Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:29 AM EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Anna replied 4 years ago.

I agree with Dr. G....that you should call and talk to him directly. You are either going to be ignored or not, but at least you'll know for sure. Dragging it out only makes it hurt longer. It does sound like he decided not to pursue the relationship with you- for what ever reason - and you may never know what that reason is. This is a very difficult situation, but it happens every day.....I'm sorry it happened to you, and wish I could give you better news.

But to answer your query directly: can a person turn it off? Yes. It happens all the time in both men and women.

My best to you,
Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience: 29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.