Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Extensive experience fostering family relationships through consultation / counseling.

Im not sure if this guy is just bein flirty and friendly or

Customer Question

I'm not sure if this guy is just bein flirty and friendly or is interested. He told a friend of mine he's "on the fence as single", but at the same time I've heard him say he's got a girlfriend.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jennifer replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using!

I'd agree that he's flirting... The comment about being "on the fence as single" is confusing, though. If he were considering ending the current relationship he's in (the impression I get from his comment) you'd think he'd be more direct about the fact that he's in a bad relationship... Not just "on the fence" as if he's trying to decide whether to stick it out or not. If he is in a relationship, his behavior toward you is a red flag. You wouldn't want to be with someone who then flirts with other women when you're supposedly together. Easiest thing to do is simply ask. It's scary, but it's the only way you'll find out for sure. Be direct about it -- "My friends and I are still trying to figure you out... Are you dating anyone?" If you're looking for more than a friendship here, you'll need to let him know you're interested. It seems like he's hinting that he's interested in you, but you definitely want to make sure he's single before you let him know what you want. I wish you the best of luck!