Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

Boundary Issue.. I am dating a man who is 50..I

Boundary Issue..
I am dating a man who is 50..I am 44..He and I both have adult children..When we have a relationship problem arise..he tells his 23 year old married daughter (whom I have not met yet) to get her advice on what to do..This makes me feel violated because it is personal issues bettween him and I that I try and talk with him about..I feel like he is placing her in the middle and it makes me uncomfortable...I dont involve my adult son in our relationship issues..I dont feel he should be involving his daughter..Am I wrong to feel this way..or is he crossing a boundary?..Thanks for any input..
You are absolutely right in this situation for all the reasons you mentioned. I hope he will not do it anymore for the sake of the relationship. I would also tell him that if he continues to tell things to his children then you will not be able to confide in him because you cannot trust him.