Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

I have been dating a man, age 51, for 3 months....we are very

I have been dating a man, age 51, for 3 months....we are very much in love or so I thought...I took a trip to Asia that was planned for many months before I met him...He did not handle that welll....while I was gone (2 weeks) he visited dating sites on the net.....He visited the site 2 more times after I returned...just viewing profiles....and sent one email while I was on the other contact was made with the girls....mainly just looking at profiles....What is your advice.....this took place 1 week before he proposed marriage to me...
Help....confused in TN
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Based on what you have written, I recommend holding off on marrying him, especially if you have only been dating for 3 months because it takes much longer than that to really get to know someone. As far as him visiting the dating sites, this is your first red flag that you need to ensure that he proves to you that he can be loyal, responsible, and faithful to you instead of acting irresponsible and selfish by visiting the dating sites while you were gone and when you returned. Yes it is possible that his previous marriage has effected him to the point where he has brought that baggage into your relationship, again another reason to slow things down and allow him to prove his loyalty, faithfulness, and that he is a responsible/accountable person to you.