Jennifer
Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Extensive experience fostering family relationships through consultation / counseling.
30853534

I have been having very vivid and real dreams with various

Customer Question

I have been having very vivid and real dreams with various situations with two of my ex boyfriends on seperate nights and this is disturbing.....any ideas please ? I've been waiting all day long for an expert to answer me please asap........
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jennifer replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Justanswer.com!

This is timely.... I recently read that what we do in the 30 minutes before bed often weaves itself into our dreams. If you're wanting to dream about something else, try absorbing yourself in a good book or movie. Getting caught up in a story that has your mind spinning might help to keep your thoughts there during sleep. Spend some time before bed winding down so you can relax and fall asleep easily (e.g., bath, yoga, stretching, cup of tea, etc.)

It's possible that you're thinking about these disturbing dreams before you fall asleep (hoping not to have them again?) and accidentally causing yourself to then dream about them because it was one of the last things on your mind! Try to block those thoughts by simply picturing a "STOP" sign whenever they enter and use some self-talk (something like, "I choose what I think about") before shifting your focus to something else (like that movie or book plot). I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was wanting a detailed explanation from someone who is a dreams expert if available-