Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

I shared with my girlfriend the answer you provided and she

I shared with my girlfriend the answer you provided and she said that that was not the real reason. I was very happy with the response from you and accepted it. She said that she was just exaggerting the number of oral sex acts she had performed and they were not the number she had performed. I had never asked for her to share her past and had asked her numerous times to quit sharing, but she didn't - it seemed as though she was proud of it. I told her that I didn't understand why she would have done that and she said that she really didn't either.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 4 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

I understand what you have written. What concerns me is that it seems as if she is playing some type of game along with not being honest with you because you wanted her to explain her behavior to you and she chose not to until you presented her with a possible explanation of her behavior and then she chose to tell you that she does not know why she did it. If she continues to behave in this manner, you could consider giving her an ultimatum. For example, the next time she behaves in this manner you could tell her that you want both of you to go to counseling to find out what is causing her to behave in this manner especially since she stated she doesn't know why she behaves in this manner.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She did say that she thought that she did this because I had been married for a very long time to someone and had been very faithful and that she thought that I was very experienced and that she wasn't. She has never been married and is 46. My question is why would she want me to hear or know all of this, even if it was true, of the details and numbers of acts she had performed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Also have tried should have said -

Already Tried: Asked her repeatedly to stop and have assured her that I DON'T care about her past - just her relationship with me.

Expert:  Angela replied 4 years ago.
Apart from the answers I previously posted before and today, I can not think of anything else as to why she would want you to know. However, my hope is that she would simply decide to be honest with you about why she wants you to know if it is not for any of the possible reasons that I suggested and simply tell you. However, if she continues to share more than you want her to, you could think of an ultimatum to put into place for her and then be sure to enforce what ever action you decide to take when she continues to share such things with you in order to get her to respect your wishes of not sharing such things with you.
Angela, Counselor
Experience: n/a