Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

i have been in a relationship with this guy for almost 6yrs

Customer Question

i have been in a relationship with this guy for almost 6yrs an have a beautiful daugher together, i just found out that he has been lying to me for the past 4 to 4 1/2 yrs.. He made me believe that his mother was dead all these yrs.. i asked him three times before i actually spoke with his mother, i think he might be a compulsive liar, i dont think i could trust him ever do we move on..
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Based on what you have written, I suggest sitting down and talking to him about this again. Share with him how his lies have hurt you and how you naturally don't feel as if you can trust him. Then tell him what he can do in order for you to feel that you can trust him again and discuss these things. For example, do you want him to check in with you on a weekly basis so that the two of you can discuss this specific trust issue? Do you want him to read a book with you and discuss it as it pertains to you trusting him etc.? If you choose to read a book, a book I recommended to my clients dealing with the same situation, which they found helpful, can be found by clicking here: