Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

Hello! So Im a little overwhelmed.......My ex and I dated

Hello!

So I'm a little overwhelmed.......My ex and I dated for about two years and than broke up. The next two years became a vicious emotional roller coaster for me that I could not get off....we became that on/off again couple. He would treat me like royalty and say how much he wanted to be together than out of nowhere he would say he didn't know what he wanted and treat me as if I were trash. It was like like this drama with him consumed my life and I couldn't get away. When I would move on he would beg for forgivness and want to try to work things out. We would work things out and than he would pull the same things or I would catch him in a lie. Finally I couldn't handle it after two years. No matter how much I love him I physically could not handle all the stress so I cut him out of my life for a while. During that period he decided he wanted to move to NYC so he could get away. Well a month before he is suppose to leave it is like he has an epiphany and begs to get back together. We have a huge crying session and worked through some difficult issues. He has been in NYC for about a month and a half and things have been really good....its like he is the person I fell in love with four years ago. I graduate college in less than four weeks and he has asked me to move in with him so we can start over. The problem is I want to but at the same time I'm hesitant because his actions currently say he has changed and he is changing but how long will it last? Should I give him ANOTHER chance and see were things go or should I move on for good?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 4 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Based on what you have written, I would suggest giving him another chance if you are comfortable with doing so based upon his actions. I recommend that people go by a person's actions above and beyond what a person may say because actions speak louder than words. Also, it is completely normal for you to feel hesitant based upon your past experiences with him. Therefore, you could consider talking to him about your hesitance and discuss this further with him to see how he feels about your concern and to see if he truly understands your concern. Additionally, you could consider discussing with him as a prerequisite to moving in, that should things begin to go bad that you will both go to counseling right away.
Angela, Counselor
Experience: n/a