Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

recently met someone online. In a short amount of time weve

Customer Question

recently met someone online. In a short amount of time we've discovered we have alot in common. It feels like i've known her for some time. We talked about meeting, and all of a sudden, she made other plans. The past couple of days I talked to her, but I dunno, things seemed cool. Tonight she called me, we ended up sending messages, and she was talking about how lately shes been thinking about relationships, and meeting people, and shes scared of not being loved the way she loves, and not meeting "the one" and I told her I understood, and I talked to her and it was like all of a sudden she dissapeared while we were talking. I tried calling, shes not answering, tried texting, not responding. About an hour later it was weird, she said she go a call and was just like "whats up?" I can be slow at times, but is she scared of me? or is she sending mixed signals and doesnt really like me. Just trying to figure out whats going on?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Morning,

She may be cautions hence, the hesitation in following up with the meeting.

She may also not know what she wants. Having a cyber/long distance relationship is safer than making a commitment to be with someone.

You would want to know what her motivation for seeking to connect with others online is. Try to converse on Skype and then see how things go. The phone is always safer communication tool.

You would not be the one helping her figure out what she wants. You are just trying to see where things are going.