Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

my ex husband of 14 years announced 5 days B 4 christmas of

Customer Question

my ex husband of 14 years announced 5 days B 4 christmas of last year that" He would have never have married such a slut if he had known what a slut I was....." It was obvious to me at that moment that he had crossed the line. He had recently developed a deep friendship (that turned to something else) with a family friend?. She slept on my coach that evening and I knew intuitively the moment I woke up and found him on the adjustment coach.
It was the verbiage of "Oh I just needed to be sure she didn't drive home".....That day and all the events will be forever in my mind!
She wanted to come back to our home that evening for various reasons and he blew up when I said " this is ridiculous! you are melding in her marriage. That makes you a mixer".... the slut verbiage came then.....
I do not have health insurance to see a therapist.
why would he project so much anger to me???
He never talked to me again. the 3 sentences he said to me in 3 months were menial. ( good night. I took care of... Let's talk tomm. )
We were married for 10 years, I received my usual "your are the love of my life card on our anniversary just 6 weeks B 4..... then she left her husband and found a new way to make her life of comfort continue with my ex and his support.
why would he project so much anger to me???/
He never spoke to our kids 22, and 19 again. 2 emails but no contact
he never really spoke to me again... long e-mail how it was my fault. "should have seen this coming" in his e mail
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Based on what you have written, it sounds as if your ex is struggling with his own issues including anger, frustration, and guilt. As a result, instead of being honest with you about his issues, including his interest and attraction to this woman, he is choosing to deal with his issues in an unhealthy manner by blaming you for everything. This will also be intensified by the fact that you both share the same house (-based on what you have written) and he wants to have this woman come over again but he can't due to you not allowing it...again he chooses to blame you for everything instead of dealing with this in a healthy manner such as by calmly and honestly discussing all of this with you. It also sounds as if he has therefore chosen to shut you and your children out as he continues to grapple with his issues.