Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC

I have been dating a great guy for the past three months. We

I have been dating a great guy for the past three months. We seem very compatible. We see each other about 3 times a week and are physically intimate with one another. We have both expressed a desire to be monagomous. We are ages 52 and 55yrs old.
I am now experiencing jealous feelings. He is involved in Alanon and goes out with two of the women from the group after the meetings. He has told me how beautiful they are and that one is very lonely and going through a divorce. He recently offered to be with her on her birthday because she did not want to be alone.
Am I insecure with low self esteem? Is it possible for men and women to be " just friends" when there is an obvious physical attraction? I told him that I felt jealous and hurt. His was response was that I had nothing to worry about. He did bring me to the Alanon group last week to meet the group.
What do you think about this situation?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
Hi, the most important element of any relationship is trust. He has given you no reason to be jealous. In Alanon, as in many other groups, members form friendships with others who have experienced some of the same disappointments and lived with alcoholism. If he says not to worry don't.
Please click accept and leave feedback.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Would you recommend a book perhaps on how to work on jealous feelings?
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
Hi, try Overcoming Jealousy, by Windy Dryden, I am sure there are also workbooks you can find online to help you even more but none that I am familiar enough with to recommend.
Please click accept and leave feedback.