Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

Im in college and i always freeze up when it comes to asking

I'm in college and i always freeze up when it comes to asking a girl out. i can start conversation and i am real good at making girls laugh. I just don't know how to get their number or ask them out. i get terrified, what are good strategies to ask a girl out?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Good strategies include: when you first approach a girl you want to ask out, be completely genuine and sincere with her and give her a compliment. For example, before you approach her, look at her outfit and see how nice it looks and why it looks nice on her and tell her- this is one example of being genuine and sincere with her. Next, after you have given her the compliment, then ask her what she likes about what it is she was doing before you approached her. For example, if you see her shopping at a clothing store, ask her why she likes to shop there? If you see her reading a book ask her what does she like about the book she is reading? As the two of you talk be careful to pay attention to what she says and then respond to it accordingly and then when you are ready ask her would she like to get a cup of coffee now or at some other time to finish talking with one another.