Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

Why am I so paranoid that my boyfriend is interested in other

Why am I so paranoid that my boyfriend is interested in other women? Everytime we hang out with friends I get jealous and watch his every move. How can I learn to trust? I find myself picking fights with him over things that have no meaning, its all in my head and all I do is think about what he might be thinking when other women are around us. I love him and I want to be with him but I need to trust him before we get married. Please help! I need major advice! We have both cheated on each other but it was years and years ago and he has let it go but I still seem to be struggling with this. I feel like my self esteem is so low and I find myself comparing me to other women he is friends with!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Based on what you have written, your behavior is due to you not fully getting over him previously cheating on you while he was able to get over you cheating on him. The best thing to do is to talk to him about this because you want him to help you to be able to trust him again and be sure to tell him this. Think about what type of things would enable him to earn your trust again and discuss these things with him. Also, it would be helpful for you to read a book about how to trust again and then discuss the main points of the book with him in order to further help you trust him again and to bring your relationship closer. A book I recommended to my clients dealing with the same situation, which they found helpful, can be found by clicking here: