Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

How can I tell if someone I talk to long distance likes me

How can I tell if someone I talk to long distance likes me? We almost always chat by email or text message. We are friends, met on Eharmony. But I don't want to ask her if she likes me. and I also don't want to get turned down if I ask her about a LDR.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

It would depend on how long you've know each other online, what her plans are (for meeting individuals on the website, etc.) That website is generally for those seriously interested in finding a compatible partner (possibly for a real one on one relationship at some point)

You may want to give it some time, do what you have been doing so far in regard to communicating via the internet. Possibly consider a telephone convo and get to know each other better. If she is still keeping in touch with you, then she is interested. You may be wondering to what extent. She may not know that herself yet.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We have talked on the phone, emaled, Instant messaged, and text messaged each other. We are good friends....but at what point do you try to take the relationship to the next level, esp in a long distance friendship/relationship?
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.
When she gives you an indication. You could always test the waters to see how she feels about it. Depending on how long and how well you know her, you can even jokingly ask her "when are we having coffee or something like that" You know her better than I. You must find out what she wants out of the distance relationship. Does she only want a distant and "safe" relationship or is she ready or interested in taking it to the next level. If you determine that she is, then you take it from there.