Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

iam a lady with 3 kids,my problem is the father is alcoholic

iam a lady with 3 kids,my problem is the father is alcoholic add,he has undergone several reha,programs but he just get worse than before.i wanted to divorce him and i find my own house ,after six months he came back predining with me to reconcile ,he never supported me and the kids for more than a year and my bfriend was their supporting me and the kids.i agreed to reconcil but soon i realised that all what he was promising to do were just words ,and he is worse than before.the kids like my bfriend and they want him tobe the father becoz he doesnot drink and they like him .i want the kids to grow up in a good enviroment but i dont see it happening wth him,.iam scared the kids might be addicts soon.my heart wants him out but i dont know,what to do.my heart wants him out of my life,for the sake the kids.and for me to have a peace of mind.
chan.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

In your current situation, although it's tough you still have to think about the mental, emotional, and physical well being of your kids and yourself. Therefore, based on what you have written, this current situation is harming all of you mentally and emotionally so before any further damage is done you need to have your kids and yourself living apart from him. The behavior he demonstrates is becoming ingrained into your children whether your husband or you want it to or not, therefore, you should get them and yourself living apart from him asap.