Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

Hello Im 38 years old Ive been married for 3 years and have

Hello I'm 38 years old I've been married for 3 years and have little girl 16mths old with my wife... over the last 15mths i've been getting increasingly angry with my wife about the lack of sex in our realtionship....and its casuing to me to act in way i wouldn't act... i kind of equate the amount of sex to how much my wife loves me.. i know this is wrong ,as i don't see all the other things she does for me as sign of love, i tend to focus only on the sex side of things....i think its causing me to be come and and depressed is this possible ?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Yes it could cause you to become depressed and the reason you place so much importance on the quantity of sex you have is because you are using this as the measuring stick for how much your wife loves you. Therefore, you are naturally becoming depressed because you are feeling that your wife does not love you. I suggest sitting down and talking to your wife about how this is actually effecting you. Also, the two of you should then decide on compromises that you both can feel good about after discussing this issue in order to increase your sex life. For example, the two of you can discuss having more sex once, twice, or three times a week and so forth.