Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

I have a coworker that has begun acting strange towards me.

Customer Question

I have a coworker that has begun acting strange towards me. When we first met, everything was normal. He's a very talkative and outgoing guy, so he basically talks to everyone and gets along with everyone well. We began talking and got along very well at first... then all of a sudden he stopped talking to me as much. He doesn't ignore me, but he speaks to me a lot less than most people. Now he stares a lot from afar. The few times that he actually approaches me, he comes off as being nervous. Once before, he did proposition me by asking me if I wanted to sleep with him, but I declined. He's acted weird ever since. What do you think is going on with him?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
I think he is embarrassed by being turned down and so he wants to keep his distance from you for fear that you will bring it up again or make fun of him. It takes a lot of nerve to ask someone to sleep with them and really it is not socially acceptable to just ask for sex. SO I have to question if he has social skills deficits since he asked you this without first asking out on a date. So I would say he is just embarrassed.