Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

I met a guy online at a dating site. We emailed back and forth

I met a guy online at a dating site. We emailed back and forth for days.. finally, he asked if we could talk on the phone, and gave me his number. I called him, and we spoke from 11 pm until 3 in the morning. He asked if we could get together on Sat. I told him I had a wedding (which I do), so we agreed to thursday. He asked me if he could call me the next night on his way home from work. I said "Sure, if you would like" and he responded, Oh, I would like!
He never called, so I just left him an email on the dating site telling him I enjoyed speaking to him, looked forward to Thursday, and he could feel free to call me or send a quick text if he wanted to chat again before that. If not, I would talk to him on thurs and we would figure out where to meet.
I have been divorced for 3 years and decided to start dating again, this is my first attempt. Is he blowing me off, or am I just too rusty in the dating game?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

You are not rusty to the dating game because you have realized the man you met online is already being inconsistent: meaning his actions are not following his words. Therefore, it is only natural to question his behavior but you shouldn't question if your rusty when he is the one being inconsistent. It's hard to know the reason why he said one thing and did the other, he could be blowing you off or the worse case scenario an emergency could have arisen on his end. I suggest continuing to look into other men of interest to you because you have extended your interest to him and now he has to choose what he will do, however, based on his behavior please don't wait around for him. Pursue other men of interest to you.