Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

So I went out with this girl for two years and we were in love.

Customer Question

So I went out with this girl for two years and we were in love. One night she went to a pary and drank I wouldn't of cared but she lied so I flipped out and I ended up saying sorry. Then from then on we started fighting with the trust problems and just stupid fights. Then she dumped on may 17 saying she just wants to be single how do I win her back and there was a problem with an other guy who's talking to her so I wanted to fight him and she said now shell never give me a second chance what do I do. I know shes the one for me. I never felt this way about a girl. I know she was just tired of the constant fighting over dumb things
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

She may still have feelings for you (but the two of you are quite young) and this is around the time when she is realizing that she may want to explore other options and not get too deep into the relationship.

It may be that she wants to take things slower or take a break for some time to think things over. You did well apologizing to her and letting her know that things will improve. She has to be able to trust you (and your actions will show her that) Let her know that everyone makes mistakes and that you are trying to work on yourself and the relationship. Figure out what she wants out of the relationship and take her feedback.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Although you are concerned about the other guy she is talking to, do not make any contact with him and do not make any mention of him in a negative manner because if you do you will only further push her away from you. Focus on her and not the other guy and realize that if she is in love with you and still has feelings for you, they will not dissipate quickly at all which is why I want you to focus on her and not the other guy. Next, see if she will agree to meet with you in a public place such as a park (-so that she doesn't feel pressured in any way if you meet in a private setting). During this time with her tell her that you want to be accountable for your behaviors which caused her to break up with you and tell her once again that you are sorry. Discuss with her your behaviors which made her break up with you and ask her how she would have preferred for you to behave in those situations and discuss it. Then ask her to give you another chance and tell her with her help you will respond more in the manner that you have both just discussed if she allows you to have another chance.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.