Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

My boyfriend is out right now with a friend who is a girl who

Customer Question

My boyfriend is out right now with a friend who is a girl who is passing thru town. He's been true to me for 4 years now though he is reluctant to live together yet. Should i give up on him? Just last night he got swimmish when i said that i liked the little things in our relationships like hugs
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

I don't think you should give up on him without having one final talk with him in this manner. Schedule a time with him when the two of you can be alone and will not be disturbed, for example go to the park for a picnic or for a long walk. During this time tell him once again how much you care about him and that you want to talk to him about what you both want out of this relationship. Ask him where does he see the relationship going? Ask him what else he would like to have out of the relationship? Discuss his answers and then tell him your answers to the same questions and discuss them. At the end of your conversation, you should both decide together what direction your relationship will take next.