Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

Im a 21 y.o. college male. My good friend and romantic interest

I'm a 21 y.o. college male. My good friend and romantic interest have been roommates for about a year and in the latest month, they've grown to vehemently HATE each other. The interest, let's call her E, is interested back but feels the situation between the 3 of us has ruined any potential we might have had. My friend, let's call her B, is a paranoid and extremely type A and just got over being extremely distrustful of me due to the mutual connection. They're about to live in different apts. come the end of summer, but I don't know if E is worth the wait or if it'll ruin one or more of the relationships. I don't know if it's possible to have my cake and eat it too: keeping my best friend while pursuing the girl I'm really drawn to.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.

Good Evening,

It is possible to lose the relationship (you know how they would respond since you are familiar with their personality) If you have the slightest idea that the person of interest E is willing to seek a relationship, they you can give it a chance. You should not always live by other's expectations (you'd never be happy if you do or satisfied) What someone else thinks is their decision.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
But is E worth holding out for? Should I wait until late August to give this a shot or should I let it go? I haven't dated anyone in about 2 years and I've been recently feeling better about that with the prospect of dating E. Now that this is in question, I don't feel as secure. I think E and I are compatible but she's too perturbed by this (and it's ultimately her decision to try this). Should I try to persuade her or let her be?
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.
It is worth it as long as you want it. Unless you give it a chance, how would you know? You can talk to her (there is nothing wrong with it. See what she has to offer)
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience: Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.